Hello friends, welcome back to the most perfect receipes blog. If you are looking for best Blackcurrant Jam recipe, you are now at the best place. We only provide excellent Blackcurrant Jam recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to blackcurrant jam recipe. You can cook blackcurrant jam using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to cook a heavenly Blackcurrant Jam:
- Use 2 lbs of blackcurrants.
- Use 2 lbs of sugar.
- Get 1 pint of water.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on producing Blackcurrant Jam:
- Destalk and wash blackcurrants..
- Add them to a pan with 1 pint of water and simmer..
- Add the sugar to the pan and simmer gently until it is all dissolved. (Check on the back of a wooden spoon that there are no granules left before bringing to the boil.).
- Once sugar is dissolved bring to a rolling boil for 15 mins. Place your clean empty jars (not lids) on a tray in the oven to warm..
- Remove the pan from the heat and check if the jam's setting by pouring a small amount on a chilled plate; once cool push the jam with your finger and if it 'wrinkles' it is ready, if not boil again and re check. Once ready remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes. (When using less sugar the set may not be as obvious, so after 25 minutes its ready.).
- Remove heated jars from the oven. Add the jam right to the top. Add a wax circle and close the lid. Label and store..
- Mrs Blackbird sneaking under my chair while de-stalking to steal a few blackcurrants…. sorry not your year….
We love blackcurrant jam in so many things that we have become quite creative! This is a thick, rich, decadent jam that packs a punch. It's dense with the glorious flavour of blackcurrants, which spread thickly on toast. Try this luscious blackcurrant jam recipe from Jam, Jelly & Relish by Ghillie James. My great-grandmother Pom always made blackcurrant jam, and believed that a spoonful of jam, mixed with.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Wish that your Blackcurrant Jam makes your day joyful.