Hello bro n sis, welcome back to the most perfect receipes web site. If you are looking for pleasing Arroz con Gandules (Rice and Pigeon Peas) recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Arroz con Gandules (Rice and Pigeon Peas) recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to arroz con gandules (rice and pigeon peas) recipe. You can have arroz con gandules (rice and pigeon peas) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a perfect Arroz con Gandules (Rice and Pigeon Peas):
- Get 2 cups of Uncooked Rice.
- You need 1 of medium Onion small diced.
- Get 1 can of Gandules (Pigeon Peas)(can substitute Garbanzos).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1-8 oz. of can Tomato Sauce.
- Take 1 tsp of Minced Garlic.
- Get 1/8 cup of +/- Capers.
- Get 1/4 cup of Pimento Stuffed Olives halved.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the steps on cooking Arroz con Gandules (Rice and Pigeon Peas):
- In an appropriate sized skillet, add Olive Oil, Sofrito. Sautee for 3-5 minutes until oils are released and it becomes aromatic..
- Add Onion and Garlic taking care not to burn Garlic. Sautee until Onions are transleucent.
- Add Tomato sauce and Sazon seasoning. Stir to combine..
- Add Rice to coat with all contents..
- Add Water, Capers and Olives. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. No peeking for 20 minutes..
- If you wish to form "Pegao" or the slight charring of the rice to the bottom of the pot, research a little to keep from ruining your batch. But at the end, you'll turn up the heat for a short period of time keeping a close eye and nose!.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this web page to your friends is the deal Wish that your Arroz con Gandules (Rice and Pigeon Peas) makes your day cheerful.