Hello friends, welcome back to the most complete receipes site. If you are looking for complete Mini Sour Cherry Mince Pies recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Mini Sour Cherry Mince Pies recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mini sour cherry mince pies recipe. You can have mini sour cherry mince pies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to make a heavenly Mini Sour Cherry Mince Pies:
- Take of Filling.
- Take 2 of clementines.
- Prepare 35 g of butter.
- Use 300 g of sweetened sour cherries.
- You need 150 g of mixed dried fruit.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of honey.
- Use 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbsp of Toasted almonds.
- Take of Pastry.
- Get 300 g of wholemeal wheat flour.
- Prepare 150 g of cold butter.
- Provide 1 of egg beaten.
- Provide 1 tsp of honey.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on preparing Mini Sour Cherry Mince Pies:
- Make the pastry Zest and juice both clementines and set to the side in separate bowls. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Tip the larger bran flakes that won’t go through the sieve into the bowl too. Rub the butter and half of the clementine zest into the flour to form breadcrumbs (or pulse in a food processor until breadcrumbs are formed)..
- Beat the egg in a bowl and stir in the honey. Add all of the egg mixture slowly to the bread-crumbed flour mixture and mix with the food processor or using a spoon until it starts to come together into a ball. Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of your clementine juice until the dough is formed into a ball and is not sticky. Try not to over-work the dough or you may end up with tough pastry. Wrap in cling film and put in the fridge to rest for up to half an hour..
- Prepare the pie filling Chop half of your cherries into smaller pieces and leave the other half whole. Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan with the rest of the clementine juice and zest. Stir in the mixed dried fruit, chopped cherries and whole cherries, cinnamon and honey. Cook over a low heat for 20-30 minutes until the fruit is sticky and jam-like. Stir regularly to coat all of the fruit and prevent the bottom from burning. Set the pan to one side and allow the mixture to cool..
- Assemble the pies Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and very lightly grease a non-stick mini muffin tray (5 cm diameter wells) with olive oil. Roll your dough out on a lightly floured surface. The dough will feel quite solid, don’t worry about this. Roll the dough as thinly as you can, about 3-5mm thick is ideal. Wholemeal pastry is a little more difficult to work with than white flour pastry, be gentle and if you need to, bring the pastry back to a ball, knead lightly and start again..
- Cut out 7cm diameter circles and press each circle carefully down into a well. Prick the base of the pastry cup with a fork and then put the whole tray back into the fridge for 20 minutes. Fill each cup with your mincemeat mixture and top with toasted almonds if desired. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the pastry cases are cooked..
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this internet site helpful Sharing this web page to your families is the deal Wish that your Mini Sour Cherry Mince Pies makes your day cheerful.