Hi buddy, welcome back to the most perfect receipes web page. If you are searching for excellent Coconut Chicken Curry recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Coconut Chicken Curry recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut chicken curry recipe. To cook coconut chicken curry you only need 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a remarkably good Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Provide of marinade.
- Prepare of chicken thighs (without skin), boneless.
- Prepare of greek yoghurt (I used low fat).
- Prepare of hot chilli powder.
- Provide of garam masala.
- You need of garlic paste.
- Provide of ginger paste.
- Provide of Method- Poke your chicken thighs with a knife to absorb flavours.
- Prepare of Mix the poked chicken with all of the above (yoghurt + spices).
- You need of Leave to marinate for at least 1hour (pic below).
- Prepare of to cook.
- Provide of large onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare of garam masala.
- Get of curry powder.
- You need of sugar (I used brown sugar).
- Get of full fat coconut milk (canned).
- Use of water.
- Take of chopped tomatoes (300g).
- Take of red curry paste.
- Use of red chilli, halved (optional, I like mine with a slight kick!).
- Provide of garlic paste.
- Provide of ginger paste.
- Provide of coriander leaves.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on preparing Coconut Chicken Curry:
- For the marinade, mix the poked chicken with the yoghurt, and all the other marinade ingredients listed above. Leave to marinate for at least 1hour..
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil on medium-high heat. Put the chicken pieces in- sear for 3 mins on each side. Do it in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Remove from pan. Then half each thigh to equal sizes. Set aside.
- Use the same oil that you seared the chicken, add chopped onions, 1tsp red chilli paste, 1 tsp garam masala, 2 tsp curry powder, 1 red chilli halved (optional). Mix and sauter until onions browned..
- Then add 1 can/tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste, pinch of salt. Mix all. Then add 300ml Water and stir. Cover pan (lid on) and let simmer on medium high heat for 10 mins. Stir occasionally..
- Once tomato sauce cooked, add the chicken pieces and stir with cooked sauce. Still on medium heat, cover and let the chicken cook in the sauce for 7 mins..
- Then remove lid from pan and let chicken cook (uncovered) for another 7 mins. Add 2 tsp of sugar. Mix.
- Then, add 300ml coconut milk, and mix with chicken sauce. Let cook on medium heat uncovered for 20-25 mins to thicken the sauce..
- Once the sauce has thickened, your chicken is ready! Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with rice 🧡 Bon appetit!!.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this internet site fruitful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Wish that your Coconut Chicken Curry makes your day joyful.