What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most perfect receipes page. If you are searching for delicious Arroz Con Gandules / Rice with Pigeon Peas recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Arroz Con Gandules / Rice with Pigeon Peas recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to arroz con gandules / rice with pigeon peas recipe. You can have arroz con gandules / rice with pigeon peas using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to cook a tasty Arroz Con Gandules / Rice with Pigeon Peas:
- Prepare 2 cup of Long Grain Rice.
- Get 4 cup of Hot Water or Beef Broth ( add more water if needed ).
- Provide 1/2 cup of Sofrito.
- Use 1 can of Gandules ( 16 oz ).
- Get 2 tbsp of Alcaparrado (capers/olives/pimento mixed).
- Get 1 packages of Sazón con achiote.
- You need 1 can of Tomato Sauce.
- Use 1 pinch of Salt & Pepper ( to your taste ).
- You need 3 tbsp of Oil.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on cooking Arroz Con Gandules / Rice with Pigeon Peas:
- In a medium pot, add oil, tomato sauce, alcaparrado, sofrito and Sazón..
- Cook 4 minutes then add the rest of the ingredients..
- Bring to a boil & cook on high until most of the water is absorbed..
- Once the water is absorbed, stir gently from bottom to top only once or twice..
- Cover, turn heat to low and cook 30 minutes or until rice is tender..
- from elboricua.com.
This is Puerto Rico's national dish along with roasted pork. This dish is mainly served during Christmas season or for special occasions. The sofrito is the most important part of seasoning the rice. After all, rice with pigeon peas is one of Puerto Rico's national dishes. This recipe is seasoned with sofrito and diced ham.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this web site fruitful Sharing this page to your families is the deal Wish that your Arroz Con Gandules / Rice with Pigeon Peas makes your day joyful.