Greetings to everyone out there, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes web site. If you are looking for yummy Split Pea Soup recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Split Pea Soup recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea soup recipe. To cook split pea soup you need 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to produce a heavenly Split Pea Soup:
- Use 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Use 1 cup of dry split peas (rinsed & drained).
- Get 1 1/2 lb of meaty pork hocks or meaty ham bone.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried marjoram crushed.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Provide 1/2 cup of chopped carrot.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- Get 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the steps on cooking Split Pea Soup:
- In large saucepan combine broth, split peas, ham hock, marjoram, bay leaf, 2 cups of water & dash of pepper..
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 1 hour. Stirring occasionally.
- When cool enough, cut meat off bones. Return meat to saucepan. Stir in carrots, celery & onion..
- Return to boiling, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 20-30 min. (til veggies are tender).
To freeze, cool the soup completely, then transfer to freezer containers or bags. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, or gently warm the frozen soup in a saucepan over low heat on the stove top. Looking for More Easy Soup Recipes? Split Pea Soup Ingredients: Olive oil – this is used to saute the vegetables, butter can be substituted. Yellow onion, celery, carrots and garlic – these vegetables built up the background flavors of the soup.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this internet site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Split Pea Soup turns your day joyful.