What’s up friends, back with us in the most pleasing receipes web site. If you are searching for pleasing Fish curry/ Meen Kuzhambu recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent Fish curry/ Meen Kuzhambu recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fish curry/ meen kuzhambu recipe. To cook fish curry/ meen kuzhambu you only need 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a yummy Fish curry/ Meen Kuzhambu:
- You need 500 gm of fish(rohu).
- Prepare 2 tsp of vadavam.
- Provide 3 of spring curry leaves.
- Get 2 tsp of cumin/jeera powder.
- Provide 4 of onion (chopped).
- Use 5 of Tomato (chopped).
- Take 1 of Small Lemon size tamarind.
- Take 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Take 4 tsp of mixed curry masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of gingely oil.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on preparing Fish curry/ Meen Kuzhambu:
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup water for ½ hour. Strain and extract from pulp.Clean and wash fish. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a wide skillet. Add vadavam after it cracks add curry leaves..
- Now add onions and jeera powder saute till golden brown..
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy and raw smell disappears..
- Next add salt,turmeric and red chilli powder. Saute till oil separates from skillet..
- In a blender add mixed curry masala and coriander powder. Take half of the sauted mix and grind to smooth paste..
- To the remaining onion tomatoes in pan add strained tamarind water and ground paste..
- Wash the blender with water and pour into curry. Check salt and tanginess. Cover and allow to boil 15 minutes..
- Gently drop the fish into the curry and allow to cook covered for 5 minutes. No not stir the fish pieces may break..
- Serve hot with plain rice..
Fish Kuzhambu – And this is my first nonveg post 🙂 I eat nonveg but havent dared to start cooking it myself ……To me, amma makes the best meen kulambu and I havent tasted any better than hers. When it comes to chicken I like perimmas recipes the best…Shhh hope amma doesnt hear it 😉. Meen kuzhambu prepared in chettinad will seem to be very simple and easy to prepare but the real taste will depend on the care with which it is made. But I tried lot of recipes for fish curry, but nothing is good like yours. I am from karaikudi,after my marriage i was missing my hometown food.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this web site fruitful Sharing this site to your buddies is the deal Hope that your Fish curry/ Meen Kuzhambu makes your day joyful.