Hi people, back with us in the most pleasing receipes site. If you are searching for best Bengali fish curry (Maacher Jhol with veggies and Bori) recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Bengali fish curry (Maacher Jhol with veggies and Bori) recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bengali fish curry (maacher jhol with veggies and bori) recipe. You can cook bengali fish curry (maacher jhol with veggies and bori) using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to make a yummy Bengali fish curry (Maacher Jhol with veggies and Bori):
- Provide 2 pieces of fish (Rohu / Kaatla).
- Use 1 of potato.
- Use 1/2 of ridge gourd or any vegetable (broad beans / cluster beans).
- Get as required of coriander leaves.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of kalonji (kalo jeera).
- Use 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Use 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need As per taste of Salt.
- Use 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (preferably mustard oil).
- Prepare Few pieces of Bori / Vadiyam.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on producing Bengali fish curry (Maacher Jhol with veggies and Bori):
- Heat oil and fry fish (just lightly)..
- Keep the fish aside once fried and fry kalonji for a little while..
- Add green chillies and saute for a while..
- Add all the dry ingredients (masala) and fry for a while..
- Add little water just to create a paste of the masala..
- Add the veggies and little water. Saute for 5 mins..
- Add the fish and let it absorb the flavour of the masala (roughly 2 to 3 mins)..
- Add water to help the veggies and fish cook enough for roughly 5 to 7 mins..
- Add fresh coriander leaves and let it boil for 2 mins in the gravy..
- Deep fry the Bori / Vadiyam in a different tawa and then add them to the fish curry. Give it a quick boil so that the crispies soak in a little gravy. Do not over boil as otherwise it will soak up the gravy too much and will become soggy..
- Plate in a bowl, add some more fresh coriander and serve it with hot plain rice..
Pabda is a delicate fish with extremely flavourful flesh. Hence Pabda Macher Kalo Jeerer Jhol is cooked light with minimal usage of spices. Maacher Kalia or Maacher Jhol m eans Fish (Maach) and (Jhol) in curry or gravy. The most commonly used fish to p repare Maacher Kalia or Maacher Jhol is Rohu (a kind of fresh water carp) or Rui Maach. If you do not have access to Rui Maach, you can also use Salmon, Pomfret , Sea Bass.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this web page to your mates is the deal Hope that your Bengali fish curry (Maacher Jhol with veggies and Bori) turns your day joyful.