Greetings to everyone out there, back with us in the most perfect receipes internet site. If you are searching for best Savoury pumpkin pie recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Savoury pumpkin pie recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to savoury pumpkin pie recipe. You can have savoury pumpkin pie using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a remarkably good Savoury pumpkin pie:
- Take 1 of medium pumpkin (approx 1kg).
- Use 2 of onions.
- Provide 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Use 350 g of mushrooms.
- Take Sprig of rosemary.
- Prepare Sprig of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Take 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Take 1 tsp of miso paste.
- You need 300 ml of veg stock.
- Get of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 of x ready rolled puff pastry sheets*.
- Take of Non-dairy milk (for a wash).
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the steps on preparing Savoury pumpkin pie:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350F).
- Chop your pumpkin in half, removing the stem and scooping out the pumpkin flesh and seeds from the inside..
- Peel off the pumpkin skin. This can be made easier by cutting the pumpkin into wedges..
- Chop the pumpkin into bite sized cubes and add to a baking tray. Drizzle over olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and bake in oven for 35-45 minutes, until softened..
- Meanwhile, chop your onions, garlic and mushrooms. Remove the thyme and rosemary from their stems, and finely chop..
- When the pumpkin is nearly ready (about 5-10 minutes to go) heat some oil in a pan over medium heat and add the onions. Fry until softened and then add the minced garlic and bay leaves, frying for a couple more minutes..
- Next add the herbs and mushrooms, stirring through. Leave the mushrooms until they have reduced a bit and then give a stir. Keep cooking for around 10-15 minutes until the mushrooms are totally reduced..
- When the pumpkin is ready, remove from oven and add into the pan with the flour, tomato puree, miso paste and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer until the mixture has thickened..
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and leave to cool..
- When the mixture has cooled off (it doesn’t have to be cold, just so that there is no steam), you’re ready to assemble your pie. Remove the bay leaves from the mixture. Turn the oven back on to preheat at 180°C (350F)..
- In a rectangular baking dish, flour the surface and then layer your ready-rolled puff pastry along the base. Cut the excess pastry to the size of the tray..
- Fill the dish with the mushroom and pumpkin pie filling. Brush some non-dairy milk along the edges of the pastry..
- Cover your filling with the other sheet of puff pastry and seal the edges together. Cut off the excess pastry. You can crimp the edges together by pressing with your fingertips to create a curved shape..
- Use the extra pastry you cut off to roll out and cut into decoration for the top of the pastry. I went for three seasonal leaves..
- Brush the top with non-dairy milk and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!.
- NOTES Variations: You can go to town with the decorations for the top of the pie, just keep in mind with puff pastry it will shrink and puff up, so better to create the shapes slightly bigger than you want in the end. Try this recipe with a variety of other vegetables, including other seasonal ones, at other times of the year..
You might think pumpkins are only good for carving jack-o'-lanterns or making pie, but you can actually use them to make some amazing savory dishes. The Savory Pumpkin Pie recipe out of our category vegetable tart! This pumpkin pie has ground beef and subtle curry flavors. Next I had the idea to add a little extra spice to make the pie savory. I wanted to add meat somehow but couldn't figure out where it would go.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this internet site to your mates is the deal Hope that your Savoury pumpkin pie makes your day joyful.