What’s up buddy, back with us in the most complete receipes internet site. If you are looking for excellent Tex's Proper Beer-Battered Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas 🐠🍟 recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Tex's Proper Beer-Battered Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas 🐠🍟 recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tex's proper beer-battered fish & chips with mushy peas 🐠🍟 recipe. You can have tex's proper beer-battered fish & chips with mushy peas 🐠🍟 using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to prepare a appetizing Tex's Proper Beer-Battered Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas 🐠🍟:
- Provide of ⚫ ✴ Fish ✴.
- Prepare 1 of large sustainable cod or haddock fillet.
- Get 1 of egg (beaten).
- You need 1/2 cup of Plain flour for breading.
- Take of Sea salt and pepper.
- Use of ⚫.
- You need of ⚫ ✴Beer batter✴.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Use 200 ml of beer (preferably a British ale).
- Provide 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Take 1 teaspoon of custard powder (optional).
- Get 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need of ⚫.
- You need of ⚫ ✴Chips✴.
- Prepare 2-3 of large Maris Piper or other fluffy potatoes.
- Use of ⚫.
- Prepare of ⚫ ✴ Mushy peas ✴.
- You need 1 (300 gram) of tin marrowfat peas or 150 grams of dried marrowfat peas (soaked overnight in water).
- Get 2 tbsp of malt vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the steps on producing Tex's Proper Beer-Battered Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas 🐠🍟:
- For best results make your batter an hour before you cook and refrigerate. Mix all the dry ingredients in a jug then pour in your beer slowly, stirring until you get a smooth batter. The batter should be the consistency of single cream, adjust amounts of beer or flour until it is. I like to use British beer for flavour..
- The custard powder is my secret ingredient. It's basically cornflour with a little sugar, powdered egg, vanilla flavouring, and powdered egg. It will add a little sweetness to your batter, and a little extra colour.
- Prep your chips (see recipe in my profile: Tex's No-Fail Chips), and deep fry for 2 minutes at 130°C.
- Heat your oil to 180°C/356°F. Dip the fish in the beaten egg then dredge with flour. Dip the fish in the batter, and cook for 5-6 minutes according to the thickness of your fillet. Turn halfway through If after its been cooked the batter looks a bit pale, cook for another minute or so until it's an orangey-brown colour. Keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- While the fish is cooking, make the mushy peas (see my. profile for recipe 'Tex's Mushy Peas') https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/447768-texs-mushy-peas-%F0%9F%87%AC%F0%9F%87%A7%F0%9F%8D%B2.
- Heat your oil to 180°C/355°F. Add your chips, and cook until they float, then a little longer until they start to become golden. They should rattle in the fryer basket when shaken if they're done.
- While your chips are cooking, reheat your peas, uncovered, stirring frequently. Season with salt. Add a little hot water or the strained juice from the peas if too dry.
- Drain the fish & chips on kitchen paper for a few seconds then plate up with the peas and plenty of salt and malt vinegar over everything..
- Enjoy as is….
- Or with gravy (see recipe in my profile 'Tex's English Chippy-Style gravy).
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a good meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this web site to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Tex's Proper Beer-Battered Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas 🐠🍟 turns your day joyful.