Hi buddy, back with us in the most pleasing receipes page. If you are looking for tasty 'V' Scottish Dundee Cake recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent 'V' Scottish Dundee Cake recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to 'v' scottish dundee cake recipe. You can cook 'v' scottish dundee cake using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to prepare a heavenly 'V' Scottish Dundee Cake:
- You need 180 grams of golden raisins (sultanas).
- Use 125 grams of finely chopped figs.
- Provide 180 grams of currants.
- Use 1 of grated zest of one lemon.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of whiskey.
- You need 8 of candied cherries quartered.
- Take 50 grams of candied lemon peel, finely chopped.
- Prepare 50 grams of candied orange peel finely chopped.
- Use 250 grams of all purpose(plain)flour.
- Use 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 180 grams of butter.
- You need of cup/125g sugar.
- Use 1 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Use 75 ml of milk.
- Take 1 of Blanched almonds, for decorating.
- Provide 1 of confectioners'(icing sugar) for dusting.
- Take 1 of marzipan (optional) for covering.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on preparing 'V' Scottish Dundee Cake:
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f gas mark 4 grease and line a 10 inch /26cm spring-release cake pan (tin).
- Mix the raisins (sultanas) figs and currants with the lemon zest, whiskey and candied fruits in a large bowl and leave to stand.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder together, cream the butter with the sugar and honey until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and then beat in the flour, milk and soaked dried fruit. turn the batter into a prepared cake pan and smooth the top.Decorate the top of the cake with whole almonds.
- Bake in oven for 30 mins, then reduce the oven temperature to 150c/300f gas mark 2 and bake for a further 90 mins. cover the top with baking parchment if it browns to quickly. cool in the pan for 15 mins then take out and leave to cool completely..
- Before serving, dust with confectioners (icing) sugar and cover the sides of the cake with marzipan if wished.
- Serves about 12.
FREE Delivery on your first order shipped by Amazon. Standing on the shores of Loch Linnhe under the shadow of Ben Nevis, the bakery produces a range of high quality cakes and biscuits. Keiller's marmalade company claimed ownership of the name 'Dundee Cake' and was responsible for making a mass-produced commercial cake of this kind. On the contrary, other similar fruitcakes have always been popular in Scotland. The Dundee cake proudly bears a wreath of golden almonds, like an insignia, denoting its authority in the fruit cake world.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this web site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your 'V' Scottish Dundee Cake makes your day joyful.