What’s up guys, welcome back to the most interesting receipes blog. If you are searching for yummy ‘Fukujinduke’ Pickles recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent ‘Fukujinduke’ Pickles recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ‘fukujinduke’ pickles recipe. To make ‘fukujinduke’ pickles you need 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to cook a perfect ‘Fukujinduke’ Pickles:
- Prepare 1 cup of Daikon slices.
- Provide 1 cup of Eggplant slices.
- You need 1 cups of Lotus Root (Renkon) slices *read ‘Method 4’ for how to prepare.
- Provide 1 teaspoons of Salt.
- Take 1 of small piece Ginger *finely chopped.
- You need 2-3 cm of Kombu.
- Use of <Marinade>.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Rice Vinegar.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on cooking ‘Fukujinduke’ Pickles:
- Keep skin of Daikon for crunchy texture, but Eggplant skin needs to be removed, otherwise you will have yucky coloured pickles!!! Cut lengthways into 2-3cm in diameter sticks, then cut them into 4-5mm thin slices..
- Place Daikon and Eggplant slices in a bowl, add Salt, mix well, then set aside for 1 hour OR overnight in the fridge if possible. Plenty of water should come out. Drain well and squeeze to remove excess salty water..
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave so that Sugar will dissolve well..
- Lotus Root needs to be blanched. Remove skin, clean, cut lengthways into 2-3cm in diameter sticks, then cut them into 4-5mm thin slices. Blanch in the boiling salted water with 1-2 teaspoons Rice Vinegar for 2-3 minutes, then drain well..
- Place all vegetables, finely chopped Ginger and Kombu in a right size jar or container. I have found a ziplock bag is the easiest option..
- Remove the air, so that the vegetable pieces can stay in this minimal amount of marinade. Marinate in fridge for 1-2 days before you enjoy. (*This time I doubled the amount.).
- *Mix with Macadamia Nuts: Crunchy ‘Fukujinzuke’ and crunchy Roasted Macadamia Nuts go well together..
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this web page helpful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Hope that your ‘Fukujinduke’ Pickles makes your day joyful.