What’s up buddy, back with us in the most perfect receipes web page. If you are searching for best Chinese Daikon (Turnip) Cake (蘿蔔糕) recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent Chinese Daikon (Turnip) Cake (蘿蔔糕) recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chinese daikon (turnip) cake (蘿蔔糕) recipe. To make chinese daikon (turnip) cake (蘿蔔糕) you need 6 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to produce a perfect Chinese Daikon (Turnip) Cake (蘿蔔糕):
- Prepare 300 grams of Rice Flour (add more if needed).
- You need 2 of Daikon.
- You need 4 of Chinese Sausage*.
- You need Handful of Dried Shrimp*.
- Use 2 Tbs of Soy sauce.
- Use 1 Tbs of Granulated white sugar.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on producing Chinese Daikon (Turnip) Cake (蘿蔔糕):
- *If you wish you may substitue some chinese sausage with shiitake mushrooms, and dried scallop. Add according to your own preferences.*.
- Take a handful of dried shrimp and soak it in water.
- Diced all the chinese sausage and dried shrimp.
- Grate the Daikon and strain the water.
- Heat the frying pan and add the diced chinese sausage stir fry till some oil is released then add the dried shrimps. Cook till fragrant..
- Add soy sauce and sugar mixture into the frying pan and coat the chinese sausage and dried shrimp.
- Leaving the oil in the pot/ frying pan add in the shredded daikon. Add in some daikon water to boil the daikon for around 10 mins or until translucent.
- When the daikon is cooked mix in the chinese sausage mixture.
- Then slowly add water and rice flour until it becomes sticky..
- Prepare a pot/wok for steaming.
- Place the sticky mixture into a Glass tray or aluminium tray.
- When the water boils, place the glass tray into the wok and steam for 40mins-1hr.
- Test with a toothpick to see if it gets stuck in the mixture. If it comes out with less effort then it is cooked..
- You can eat it immediately after being steamed with some cilantro and hot oil drizzled over. Or wait a day and pan fry it the next day..
This turnip cake (蘿蔔糕) is not only popular during the Chinese New Year but it is also one of the famous dim sum here in H. K., served either steamed Transfer the turnip batter into the pan, flatten it into same height. The menu included spring rolls (which Americans call "egg rolls"), fried rice, Chinese Tea Eggs, as well as these Chinese Turnip Cakes, or Daikon Radish Cake. Turnip and Cake are two words that you don't often see together. And if it was a sweet desert cake we were talking about – rightly so!
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this page to your mates is the deal Hope that your Chinese Daikon (Turnip) Cake (蘿蔔糕) turns your day joyful.