What’s up friends, back with us in the most interesting receipes web site. If you are looking for delicious Carrot and Potato Dal/Dhal/Daal recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Carrot and Potato Dal/Dhal/Daal recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to carrot and potato dal/dhal/daal recipe. To cook carrot and potato dal/dhal/daal you only need 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to make a delicious Carrot and Potato Dal/Dhal/Daal:
- Provide 200 g of yellow lentils (soaked up to 6 hours).
- Take of Around 800ml of water or stock or a mixture.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of ghee, butter, or cooking oil.
- Provide 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 of medium sized carrots.
- You need 3 of medium sized potatoes.
- Get 1 of tomato, small dice.
- Get of Salt.
- Use of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- Provide of Spices.
- Get 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, or cumin seeds.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
- Provide A few of sprigs of curry leaves.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on serving Carrot and Potato Dal/Dhal/Daal:
- If you soak the lentils before hand for atleast an hour, it will significantly cut down on cooking time. Also rinse the lentils as you would rice to remove any dirt or small stones..
- My recommendation is to put the lentils in a pot to boil with your choice of water and/or stock while you prepare the rest. This will use your time more efficiently. Put lentils to boil and stir very occasionally to make sure there's no sticking. For the time being make sure the liquid covers the lentils and you can add more as needed..
- As the lentils boil, add the turmeric and skim off the foam..
- While the lentils are boiling, add your choice of cooking fat, (ghee, butter, or oil) to a frying pan and lightly colour the onions and toast the ingredients under the Spices section. Once you have a fragrant smell, add the tomato and garlic. If you like dry chillies, nows the time to add them..
- Once the ingredients are nice and toasty, add them to the boiling pot and give them a stir. Set the pot to simmer gently at this point..
- Taste the dhal for salt and pepper, and try one of the lentils, once it starts to soften, you can add the carrots, and when it starts to get really soft, you can add the potatoes. Make sure to stir occasionally..
- Add this point the dhal is ready when the potatoes and carrots are soft. Taste for seasoning. Some people lightly mash the lentils to give the dhal more body. You can mash to make the dhal thicker or add more liquid to make it thinner..
- Serve your dhal with rice, flat bread or any way you choose. Enjoy!.
- You can add any other soft vegetables you have, like French beans, more tomatoes, chillies, or anything you like. Some people garnish with yogurt or sour cream. Some people like it spicy. Make it yours!.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this web page to your friends is the deal Wish that your Carrot and Potato Dal/Dhal/Daal turns your day joyful.