Hello friends, welcome back to the most complete receipes internet site. If you are searching for tasty Aunt Mary's Vegetable Soup recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Aunt Mary's Vegetable Soup recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to aunt mary's vegetable soup recipe. To make aunt mary's vegetable soup you need 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a remarkably good Aunt Mary's Vegetable Soup:
- Provide 2 lb of lean ground beef or ground turkey (I use 1lb of each).
- Provide 4 of medium carrots – cut to 1/4" slice.
- You need 3 of ribs celery – cut to 1/4" slice.
- Prepare 1/2 of large onion – cut to 1/4" dice.
- Provide 5 of medium potatoes – peeled and cut to 1/2" dice.
- Prepare 1 of unsalted beef broth – just enough to cover veggies to cook.
- You need 1 of large can vegetable juice (such as V8).
- Use 1 of large can whole tomatoes – undrained crushed (preferably by hand).
- Get 2/3 cup of frozen peas.
- Get 1 can of low sodium green beans – undrained.
- Provide 1 can of corn – drained.
- Provide 1 of salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders to taste.
- Get 1 cube of beef bullion, or 1 tsp bullion granules (optional).
- Take 1 of small head of cabbage – cut to bite size pieces (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen lima beans (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar (optional).
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on cooking Aunt Mary's Vegetable Soup:
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add beef/turkey. Crumble to large chunks and brown until no pink remains. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders to personal taste as it cooks. Drain in colander, do not rinse. Set aside..
- Return pot to heat. Add carrots, celery and onion to pot. Then add enough beef broth to cover veggies by about 1/2". Add a good pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until veggies are just fork tender. About 10 – 15 minutes..
- Add potatoes and optional lima beans. Continue to simmer until potatoes are fork tender. About 10 minutes more..
- Add vegetable juice, tomatoes with juices (I crush each by hand as I add), frozen peas, green beans, corn and browned meat. Also add cabbage here if desired. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. (Add optional sugar here to balance tomato acidity if desired). Simmer 20 minutes more to heat through and blend flavors..
- Serve with a side of crusty bread or cornbread and enjoy! I recommend my super easy honey butter cornbread. 😉 https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/357956-super-easy-honey-butter-cornbread.
- NOTE: This recipe freezes well to save for later! If you plan to freeze do NOT add cabbage. Cabbage does not freeze well. Lol..
Allow the cooked soup to cool to room temperature then transfer to freezer bags or suitable containers. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating over medium heat. These were ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! i didn't even have the time to refrigerate them at all, but agree that it would only make for an. For a Southwest Flavor, substitute green chilies for the tomatoes. Feel free to add leftover vegetables to the soup for a heartier meal.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a good meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this web page to your families is the deal Hope that your Aunt Mary's Vegetable Soup turns your day cheerful.