What’s up guys, back with us in the most pleasing receipes site. If you are looking for interesting Vickys Caramel Apple Pie, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Vickys Caramel Apple Pie, GF DF EF SF NF recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys caramel apple pie, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To cook vickys caramel apple pie, gf df ef sf nf you only need 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to prepare a perfect Vickys Caramel Apple Pie, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Provide 115 grams of gold-foil Stork margarine or unsalted butter.
- Take 2 tbsp of cornflour/cornstarch.
- You need 1 tbsp of gluten-free flour.
- Provide 30 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 100 grams of white sugar.
- You need 110 grams of light brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 6 of granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced.
- Use 1 of sweetened short crust pastry, enough for a double pie crust (shell & lid). I've got my free-from recipe linked below if you need one.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on preparing Vickys Caramel Apple Pie, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in both flours. It won't look pretty but don't worry.
- Add the water, vanilla, spices and both sugars and bring to the boil, stirring continuously to bring the caramel together.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the sliced apples, letting them cook slightly in the syrup before letting it cool and thicken.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 210C / 425°F and line a 9 inch pie tin with baking paper or use a spring form cake tin.
- Roll out the pastry and press into the pie tin cutting off the excess to roll again for the top crust. Chill in the fridge until the filling has cooled https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332957-vickys-sweet-savoury-shortcrust-pastry-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop the filling into the pie shell. This way you can control the amount of caramel that goes in so it won't be too liquidy and the bottom crust doesn't get soggy. Reserve the rest of the syrup for serving later. Mound the filling up slightly in the middle.
- Brush the edge of the shell with some milk or an alternative such as light coconut milk, then top with the lid pastry, cutting a slit on top for steam to escape.
- If you still have some pastry left, roll it out again and cut out some decorative leaves with a knife and place on top to make it prettier.
- Crimp the edge of the lid and bottom crust together to seal and brush some of the leftover caramel syrup all over the lid to glaze.
- Bake 15 minutes in the oven (over a baking tray in case there are spills), then reduce the temperature to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and bake for a further 35 to 45 minutes or until the apples are soft and the pastry is golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then cool completely out of the tin on a wire rack. Serve warm but not hot (or you'll lose all of the syrup!) with ice cream, custard or some fresh cream – full fat coconut milk is a lovely non-dairy cream substitute https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332956-vickys-vanilla-ice-cream-with-flavour-variations-gf-df-ef-sf-nf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332987-vickys-vanilla-custard-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
- I hope you try this, everyone in my family that's tried it really loves it.
- TIPS TO AVOID A SOGGY PIE BOTTOM! Let the pie cool on a wire rack completely to let the warmth circulate around the base. Reheat to serve, don't be tempted to cut into it straight from the oven. Using a glass pie dish helps cook the bottom crust better than a metal tin too. Also, if you brush the inside of the shell with some syrup it stops the filling seeping through. If a recipe says add the filling hot, add it hot. And of course you can blind bake the shell before filling. Hope these are useful to you!.
It's not too much pastry and you can put anything you like. This was Aunt Shelly's contribution to Thanksgiving celebrations. This pie is the perfect addition to your dessert table this holiday season! Traditional yet untraditional enough that it will get your guests talking and raving about this delicious treat! An easy and delicious recipe for salted caramel apple pie with homemade pie crust and salted caramel sauce!
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this page fruitful Sharing this site to your friends is the deal Wish that your Vickys Caramel Apple Pie, GF DF EF SF NF turns your day cheerful.