What’s up guys, back with us in the most pleasing receipes page. If you are searching for tasty Butternut, Bacon, Blue Cheese and Browned Butter Gnocchi recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Butternut, Bacon, Blue Cheese and Browned Butter Gnocchi recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut, bacon, blue cheese and browned butter gnocchi recipe. You can cook butternut, bacon, blue cheese and browned butter gnocchi using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to make a remarkably good Butternut, Bacon, Blue Cheese and Browned Butter Gnocchi:
- Get 4 of potatoes.
- Use 2 cups of flour.
- Provide 1 of egg.
- Provide 500 g of Butternut cubes.
- Get 1 Cup of Bacon bits.
- Prepare to taste of Blue cheese.
- Get 100 g of butter.
- You need Handful of fresh sage leaves.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Get of Fresh Parmesan.
- Take of Salt and pepper.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on preparing Butternut, Bacon, Blue Cheese and Browned Butter Gnocchi:
- Cut potatoes into quarters and boil in salted water until soft. Drain liquid and mash well to get rid of any lumps. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl add the mashed potatoes, an egg and 1 cup of flour. Using your hands, mix well to form a sticky dough. Add the rest of the flour, two tablespoons at a time and continue to mix until you get a soft, pliable dough that isn’t sticky. (You may not need the whole second cup of flour or you might need a bit more, depending on the size of your potatoes.).
- Clingwrap dough and refrigerate until needed..
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place butternut in a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with sea salt and roast for 30-40 minutes..
- Cut butter into small cubes (all the same size so they melt at the same speed). Place in saucepan and gently melt over low heat. Butter will start bubbling fast and then start to brown and smell deliciously nutty. Give the pot a few swirls until the butter is browned nicely and remove from heat and pour into small jug. (NB you NEED to remove the butter from the pan as it will continue to cook and can VERY easily burn)..
- Add sage leaves to jug and set aside. Sage leaves can be removed after about 5 minutes and left on a paper towel to drain excess butter..
- Fry off bacon bits until crispy. Drain excess fat on paper towel..
- On a floured surface, divide gnocchi dough into 4 portions and roll each portion out to form a long, thin cylinder of about 1.5cm in thickness. Cut each cylinder into pieces of about 2cm in length..
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add gnocchi and cook until the gnocchi starts to float. Strain and set aside..
- To serve: Divide gnocchi and butternut pieces between four bowls. Sprinkle over the bacon bits and drizzle gnocchi with browned butter. Break blue cheese into small pieces and add to bowls. Season with a bit of salt and freshly ground pepper and top with freshly grated parmesan. Add a few crispy sage leaves. ENJOY (preferably with a glass of 🍷).
The blue cheese, spinach and walnuts combine not only to make a great tasting dinner but also fab food to fuel your noggin! Fry bacon and spring onions in a pan with knob of butter. Wilt spinach in the same pan with the cooked bacon before adding cream and walnuts. Bastianich loves fresh sage with buttery gnocchi. Repeat with remaining butter and gnocchi.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a good meal. If you find this web page fruitful Sharing this web site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Butternut, Bacon, Blue Cheese and Browned Butter Gnocchi turns your day joyful.