Hi people, back with us in the most perfect receipes site. If you are looking for excellent Tamarind rice/ puliyogare recipe, you are now at the best place. We only provide excellent Tamarind rice/ puliyogare recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tamarind rice/ puliyogare recipe. You can have tamarind rice/ puliyogare using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a heavenly Tamarind rice/ puliyogare:
- Use 1 cup of cooked Rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tamarind pulp.
- Take 2 tbsp of gingerly oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of mustard.
- Use 1/2 tsp of asafoetida.
- Provide 2 tsp of ground nut/peanut.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chana dal.
- Use 10-12 of curry leaves.
- You need 4-5 of dry red chill.
- Provide As needed of salt.
- Provide 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Use of Dry masala (roast and grind).
- Take 2 tsp of Dhanya / coriander seed.
- You need 10-12 of dry red chilli.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Use 2 tsp of peanut.
- Take 1 tsp of methi seed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of white sesame seed.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on producing Tamarind rice/ puliyogare:
- First keep all ingredients ready. Rinse a cup of rice very well in water. Then add the rice in a pressure cooker. Add salt and little squeezed lemon juice. You can add water depending on the rice quality. For 1 cup of rice add 2 to 2.5 cups of water.pressure cook till rice is cooked. Do ensure rice does not get overcooked. Remove the cooked rice in a plate and allow it to cool..
- When the rice is warm add oil. Mix well..
- Take tamarind lemon size in a bowl and add cup of water and soak for 30 minutes. Then squeeze the soaked tamarind and extract the pulp..
- Preparing dry masala(refer dry masala section for ingredients). Heat a pan and in slow flame dry roast all the spices. Roast till it become light golden. And till nice aroma comes. Switch off the flame and add hing and little salt. Mix well and let the roasted spices cool. Grind it to fine powder..
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, ground nut, chana dal. Saute on low flame till the dal and peanuts turns golden..
- Add 3-4 dry red chilli, curry leaves, hing and turmeric. Mix well.now strain the tamarind pulp and directly add in tempering mixture. Stir and mix well. Add salt..
- Cook till the mixture is thickened and you see oil floating on top..
- Now switch off the flame. Add cooked rice and mix well..
- Once rice mixed now add prepared dry masala powder as required. Gently mix well. Give some resting time before serving. So that nice aroma of masala enters into rice and tastes good..
- Serve tamarind rice with papad..
Karnataka style puliyogare or puliyodharai or tamarind rice recipe explained with step by step pictures and a video. Learn how to prepare tasty Bangalore temple style puliyogare without rasam powder. Tamarind rice also popularly known as Pulihora or Puliyodhara or Chitrannam is a common rice preparation in South Indian cuisine The tamarind rice o. Tamarind Rice is a common rice preparation, predominantly eaten in the southern parts of India. Tamarind Rice also goes by the names of Pulihora, Puliyogare or Puliyodarai.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a good meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this page to your families is the deal Wish that your Tamarind rice/ puliyogare makes your day cheerful.