Hello friends, back with us in the most excellent receipes site. If you are searching for excellent Sig's Simple Fruit Scones recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent Sig's Simple Fruit Scones recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's simple fruit scones recipe. You can have sig's simple fruit scones using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to prepare a appetizing Sig's Simple Fruit Scones:
- Use 450 gr of self raising flour.
- Get 120 gr of unsalted butter, cold cubed.
- Prepare 75 gr of castor sugar, or equivalent sugar substitute.
- Get 85 gr of dried fruit ie (sultanas, cherries, apricots, cranberries).
- Prepare 1 of medium egg, beaten thoroughly.
- Prepare 200 ml of whole milk.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the steps on producing Sig's Simple Fruit Scones:
- First set to preheat oven at 200 °C. Oil a baking sheet..
- Sift flour into bowl, rub in the butter with your fingertips, until it looks like breadcrumbs without any lumps of butter..
- Stir in the dried fruit and sugar.
- Add the egg, slowly add most of the milk setting a little aside for brushing later, mix all until you have worked a soft dough. Do not overwork the dough. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured board, roll out about 2 or 3 fingers thick. You can roll them out thinner but they wont rise as much and you can sandwich 2 together with cream and jam..
- Stamp out rounds with cutter, until pastry is used up. Remember though that smaller ones will bake quicker then the normal sized scones..
- Brush the scone tops with milk. Bake for 10 or 15 minutes until they have risen and are golden brown. Scones are served best warm. It really does not matter if you serve with clotted cream spread first or strawberry jam first..
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this web page to your mates is the deal Hope that your Sig's Simple Fruit Scones turns your day joyful.