Hello bro n sis, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes site. If you are searching for complete Fried green plantains recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent Fried green plantains recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fried green plantains recipe. You can have fried green plantains using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a tasty Fried green plantains:
- You need of Green plantains (as many as you like).
- Prepare of Oil.
- Get of Adobo, garlic powder, salt.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on preparing Fried green plantains:
- Cut ends off plantain, add oil to a pan and put on medium- medium high..
- Cut along slotted indents found naturally in the plantain. Remove all the skin..
- Cut "coins" diagonally along plantain. Don't cut too thin..
- Check to make sure oil is ready by splashing some water into pan, if it bubbles you're ready! Place plantain slices into oil. About 35-45 seconds then flip over, cook 35-45 seconds on other side (light brown). Use a slotted spatula so oil can drip through..
- Remove and place on a plate with paper towel over it..
- If you don't have a plantain masher, grab a coffee cup. Use bottom of cup and smash plantain..
- Put back in frying pan for about 45-55 seconds on each side..
- Remove plantains from oil & put on a new paper towel. Sprinkle with salt, adobo & garlic powder. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!.
Plantain, believed to have originated in southeast Asia refers to the cooking banana, cultivars of the banana plant, which produces an edible fruit that is full of starch and rarely eaten raw. Though similar in appearance, the two banana varieties are typically used in very different ways. In this classic Latin American fried green plantain dish known as tostones, unripe plantains are sliced, smashed and fried twice, until golden. These fried green plantains known as Patacones or Tostones depending on where you are in the world, are one of our favorite appetizers or snacks! Fried green plantains are flattened into a bun shape as they cook and take the place of the bread in this delicious steak sandwich, another type of jibarito.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this internet site to your mates is the deal Hope that your Fried green plantains makes your day cheerful.