What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most perfect receipes internet site. If you are searching for interesting Strawberry Meringue Gelato Cake recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Strawberry Meringue Gelato Cake recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to strawberry meringue gelato cake recipe. To cook strawberry meringue gelato cake you need 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a tasty Strawberry Meringue Gelato Cake:
- Use of Italian meringue.
- You need 4 of fresh egg whites.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Take 1/4 cup of water.
- Take 1 tbsp of liquid glucose or light corn syrup.
- Provide of strawberries.
- Get 3 cup of strawberries, washed, dried and hulled.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of icing/confectioner's sugar.
- Provide 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- Provide of cream.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of double/heavy cream.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on preparing Strawberry Meringue Gelato Cake:
- To make the Italian meringue, put the sugar, water and glucose/corn syrup in a medium large pot. Put the eggs in the (scrupulously clean) bowl of a stand mixer..
- Set the heat under the pot to medium high, bring the sugar mix to the boil, swirling the pot to move the sugar once it dissolves..
- Use a sugar thermometer to check the temperature of the boiling syrup. Please be careful with hot sugar! When the temperature reaches 100C, start the whisk on the stand mixer to high..
- When the sugar reaches 116C (or the 'soft ball' stage), take the syrup off the heat and slowly pour into the fluffly egg whites, keeping the mixer on a medium high speed..
- Once all the syrup is poured in, turn the speed down to low, and leave it whisking until the egg whites have cooled, this can take up to thirty minutes..
- While this is happening, take half of the strawberries and the confectioner's sugar and blitz them in a food processor until smooth. Strain them through a sieve to remove any seeds, and keep in the fridge..
- Take the other half of the strawberries and slice them up. Reserve the nicest slices to decorate your cake, add the white sugar to the rest and leave to mascerate..
- Put the cream in a large bowl and whip to the consistency of soft ice cream (think of sundaes or Mr Whippy, in the UK).
- Take a loaf tin that holds at least six cups, you may need another container as this mixture can make up to ten cups worth…dampen it with a little water, shake off the excess, and line it with plastic wrap..
- Place the reserved strawberry slices in a pattern on the bottom of your lined loaf tin..
- Take the cream and spoon it into the meringue, along with the strawberry purée and the sliced strawberries. Fold it all together gently with a meal spoon, until it is just rippled..
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tin, any extra can be spooned into another lined container. The top if the main cake can be smoothed out with a spatula dragged across it, rather like a bricklayer smooths the cement on a brick wall. Do this over the other container to catch the excess mixture..
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until set. This will take at least 7-8 hours, but can be left overnight to firm up fully..
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving, pull the plastic wrap, turn onto a serving plate, remove the plastic wrap and use a bread knife soaked in hot water to cut slices..
Italian meringue is used to give this frozen dessert softness, while the slices of strawberry are refreshing and surprising. Spread the meringue evenly over cake batter. Cool in pans on wire racks (meringue will crack). This strawberry meringue cake features layers of sweet cream and fresh strawberries sandwiched between thin rounds of homemade meringue. Serve this dessert in the springtime when strawberries are at their peak.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this site to your friends is the deal Wish that your Strawberry Meringue Gelato Cake makes your day cheerful.