What’s up guys, welcome back to the most perfect receipes web page. If you are searching for interesting Cardamom Shortbreads recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Cardamom Shortbreads recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cardamom shortbreads recipe. To make cardamom shortbreads you only need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to make a heavenly Cardamom Shortbreads:
- Get 8 of cardamom pods.
- Use 200 g of butter.
- Prepare 25 g of ground rice.
- Take 240 g of plain flour.
- Take 70 g of icing sugar.
- Use 1 of beaten egg.
- Provide of demerara sugar, for rolling.
- Take of vanilla sugar for dusting.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on preparing Cardamom Shortbreads:
- Lightly crush the cardamom pods to release the seeds, discard the shells and put the seeds into a mortar. Crush finely with the pestle..
- Place the butter, ground rice, flour and icing sugar in a food processor and mix until you have a dough..
- Turn the dough out onto the work surface and push with your hands into a roll, about 3-4 cm in diameter. Wrap in plastic film and place in the fridge for an hour. Chilling is an important stage, don't rush it, otherwise the shortbreads will spread too much when they're cooking..
- Take the roll out of the fridge and remove the film. Brush with beaten egg and roll in demerara sugar. Place back in the fridge for another 30 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2. Take the roll out of the fridge and cut into thin slices, about 5mm thick, and place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. You could cut the roll in two and store the other half in the fridge for baking another day. I used half the roll and it made 13 biscuits..
- Sprinkle a little vanilla sugar over the top of the biscuits and bake for around 15 minutes on a low shelf. I think the secret of getting these shortbreads crisp is to make sure you don't cook them too quickly, and that they bake to a pale golden colour..
- Cool on a wire rack and don't store in a jar or a tin until they are completely cold..
Phil Vickery's cardamom shortbreads put a lovely twist on a classic recipe using aromatic cardamom cooking seeds, which give them a kick of Indian flavour. These are the perfect dipping biscuits. In a separate bowl, mix cardamom and flour. Slowly incorporate flour mixture into dough. Cover and refrigerate dough for about an hour.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this site to your families is the deal Wish that your Cardamom Shortbreads makes your day joyful.