Hello bro n sis, welcome back to the most excellent receipes internet site. If you are searching for best Flaky Quiche Crust recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Flaky Quiche Crust recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to flaky quiche crust recipe. To cook flaky quiche crust you need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to serve a remarkably good Flaky Quiche Crust:
- Use of For The Crust.
- Prepare 1 of Large Egg.
- Prepare 2 1/2 Tbs of ICE COLD Water.
- Provide 1 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour.
- Take 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- Provide 140 Gr of UnSalted Butter – Cubed.
- Get of For The Filling.
- Prepare 200 Gr of Lardon – Smoked or UnSmoked.
- Provide 50 of Gruyere Cheese.
- Prepare 200 ml of Creme Fraiche (I used Sour Cream – Also Good).
- Take 200 ml of Double Cream.
- Get 3 of Eggs, Well Beaten – (I used 2 medium Chicken eggs and 1 Duck egg and it was Amazing).
- Use Pinch of ground Nutmeg.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on producing Flaky Quiche Crust:
- In the Bowl of a food processor, add flour and salt and Pulse, add the butter and pulse until looks like course meal. Add in the egg and Ice Water, pulse until dough forms.
- Transfer the Dough onto a floured surface and roll out to over the size of your flan dish. Put ontop of the dish and press lightly into place. Then using a knife remove any excess..
- Put into Freezer for 20-25 mins – this needs to be very cold before filling is added..
- Method for Filling – Heat a frying pan and cook the lardons, drain the fat and cook again but do not allow to crisp. Remove from pan onto paper towels..
- Cut 3/4 of the Cheese into Cubes and Great the rest..
- Slacken the crème Fraiche and whisk in the cream, then slowly whisk in the eggs. Add a little salt and the nutmeg..
- Sprinkle the Lardons and 3/4 of the cheese into the pastry base and pour in about 1/2 of the mixture. Then put half way into the oven on a baking sheet (pre-Heated to 220c). Then Pour the rest of the mixture in and close the Over – Lower Temp to 190c and cook for 25 mins until top is golden..
- Remove the quiche and let settle for 5 mins remove from tin and eat – it is also good cold :).
It makes it perfect for savory meat pies, fruit pies, and quiche. Some recipes use butter as fat because it renders, well, buttery tasting crust. Make quiche according to recipe directions. The crust turned out flaky as promised. Can I expect the flaky crust to turn out nice, or do I risk it to become soggy/non-crispy/whatever?
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Hope that your Flaky Quiche Crust makes your day joyful.